Dating clubs in croydon area
From the mid 1880s Croydon started to develop and Mr James Hewish built not only his home, but several other business ventures including a General Store, Newsagency, a butchers shop, hotel and planted various orchard trees.
Several street names around the centre of Croydon reflect its previous usage.
In the early 2000s the site was expanded to include an Aldi supermarket, taking over part of the existing carpark on the Kent Avenue side of the block.
These were later rebuilt in timber and the area prospered in sheep, beef and dairy farming and sawmills.
Orchards were soon established and thrived, crops included apples, cherries, pears, peaches and plums.
Later it became known as Oxford Road, and became Mt Dandenong Road some time in the early 1900s.
Owing to the silvery-white grass and coarse in texture, the area we know now as Croydon was first called "White Flats." In 1868 parcels of land were surveyed and the first habitations were constructed out of wattle and daub.
Note: Many of our articles have direct quotes from sources you can cite, within the Wikipedia article! Its Local Government Area is the City of Maroondah.